It’s important to monitor your account regularly so that, if you detect any unusual or suspicious activity, you can contact Questrade security right away. At Questrade, we let you know when your account has been logged into from a different physical device, location, or browser. Also, for self-directed accounts, you can set up trade confirmation alerts to let you know when a buy/sell order has been completed in your account.
Last login alerts
When you log in to your Questrade account, you can view details on the last time your account was accessed:
On the Questrade app, these details appear at the bottom of the main menu.
For more details (e.g., location, device and/or browser, operating system), click the indicator that appears:
On the Questrade app, click the last login message for more details.
You can also choose to receive an email alert the first time your Questrade account is logged into from a device, browser, or location that’s different from previous logins. To set this up, log in to your Questrade account, go to Settings > Receive new login notification, and toggle on.
Trade confirmation alerts
To set up automated alerts to let you know when an order has been executed (or cancelled), follow these steps:
Questrade Trading (web platform)
- Log in to Questrade Trading
- Click the preferences icon in the bottom left corner
- Navigate to Orders
- Scroll to the bottom of the Orders list—to Notification methods—and select how you want to receive trade confirmation alerts (email or SMS text)
- Log in to IQ Edge
- To open the Alerts window, click the Alerts button in the main section at the top of the screen
- In the Alerts window, click the dropdown arrow in the top right corner and select Alert preferences
- Specify how you want to be alerted for trade executions
- Log in to the Questrade app
- To access the main menu, click the menu button
- Click Settings > Preferences > Orders
- Scroll down to specify your preferred notification method—email or SMS text