Whether you’re new to Questrade or already a customer, you can transfer almost any type of investment account over to Questrade—for any amount and as many accounts as you like. You can transfer your cash or your actual investments (referred to as an in-kind transfer). And the best part is, we’ll cover the transfer-in fees, for up to $150 per account.
To get your fee rebate, within 60 days of submitting your transfer request to Questrade, send us a copy of the statement from your financial institution showing the transfer fee you were charged:
- Log in to your Questrade account
- Go to ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT and then click Upload Documents
- Complete all fields. For Document type, select Rebate
- Click Upload
Terms and conditions.
Transferring an account is easy and it can be done entirely online. You can get your transfer started in just a few minutes. To do so, log in to your Questrade account, hover over FUNDING and click or tap Transfer account to Questrade. From there, all you have to do is fill out a one-page document authorizing the transfer, and we’ll take care of the rest.
You can transfer your account partially, in cash or in-kind.
| ||To Questrade, Inc. self-directed accounts ||To Questrade Wealth Management managed accounts |
|All in cash ||Your financial institution liquidates all of your securities and transfers the funds to your Questrade, Inc. account.||Your financial institution liquidates all of your securities and transfers the funds in cash to Questrade Wealth Management. Questrade Wealth Management then invests your funds into your selected QuestWealth Portfolio of ETFs. |
|All in kind ||Your financial institution transfers all of your cash and securities exactly as they are from your current account to your Questrade, Inc. account.||Your financial institution transfers all of your cash and securities exactly as they are from your account to Questrade Wealth Management. Questrade Wealth Management then liquidates your securities and reinvests your funds into your selected QuestWealth Portfolio of ETFs.|
|Partial transfer ||Your financial institution transfers only your requested securities and/or amount of cash to your Questrade, Inc. account. ||Your financial institution transfers only your requested securities and/or amount of cash to Questrade Wealth Management. Questrade Wealth Management then liquidates your securities and reinvests your funds into your selected QuestWealth Portfolio of ETFs.|
No. As long as you submit a brokerage transfer request, everything stays the same. The only thing that changes is your brokerage. For example, your RRSP/ TFSA contribution room/limit will stay the same and as a result of the transfer.
You can easily check the status of your request by logging in to your Questrade account, hovering over FUNDING, and tapping Transfer account to Questrade history. Depending on the financial institution, the timing of transfer-in process may vary.
Here are some things you should know transferring your accounts over:
- Cash and securities in a registered account can only be transferred to the same type of registered account. For example, an RRSP account can only be transferred into a another RRSP
- Depending on certain circumstances, the relinquishing financial institution may charge a transfer-out penalty.
- An account transfer typically takes 10-20 business days to complete; however, depending on the financial institution, transfer requests could take significantly longer.
- You may need to fill out additional documents when transferring RESPs and other locked-in accounts. All details will be provided when you submit your request.