We offer ten different ways to fund your account, each with different processing times. Depending on the currency of the deposit and how quickly you want the money in your account, choose the method that works the best for you. It may take an additional 1–2 business days to activate new accounts.
|Online banking bill payment (Free)||1-2 business days||CAD|
|Interac Online (Free)||Instant (for existing accounts). New accounts require an additional business day||CAD|
- Up to 2 business days when total daily deposit amount is under $10,000
- Up to 7 business days when total daily deposit amount is $10,000 or more
|CAD & USD|
|Transfer from another broker||10-20 business days||CAD & USD|
|Wire transfer||1-2 business days||CAD & USD|
|Certified cheque or bank draft||1-2 business days||CAD & USD|
- Canadian dollar non-certified cheques are held for 10 calendar days
- U.S. dollar non-certified cheques are held for 15 calendar days
|CAD & USD|
|Money order||1-2 business days||CAD & USD|
|Stock certificate||10-15 business days||CAD & USD|
To view full information of the funding methods please click here to view full information.
- Third party bill payments, cheques or wires (drawn on a bank account in a name dissimilar to the Questrade account title)
- Payment processors, such as PayTM and Plastiq
- Cheques with incomplete information
- Credit card cheques
- Credit cards
- Cheques drawn on foreign banks, even if in U.S. currency.
- Direct deposits by cheque or cash into Questrade's bank accounts